One of the fundamental promises we strive to deliver on for our customers is “bringing the world to you”, and insofar as possible we do our best to meet this commitment. However, as a Company it is necessary for us to ensure that we provide this service legally, and within the parameters outlined by our local laws and regulations. As such, there are some items which we legally cannot bring into the country regardless of the circumstance. Any item that is not available for public shipping (List supplied by Customs) will be deemed restricted. Therefore, when these items arrive at our Florida Warehouse and are identified as being a restricted item, they will not be shipped. We will discuss with you how to dispense with the item. There are also items which will require you, the Customer, to have an approved license or permit to allow both you and CSF to bring the item to Trinidad and Tobago. For example, The Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries can grant import permits for plants or seeds. If you do not provide us with the permit, we will be once more unable to ship the item to the country.
The following is a list of items requiring special documentation or Import License, do note this is not an exhaustive list:
- Air Conditioners (auto/home) Cooling Products
- Air- Conditioning Compressors
- Drones (require a permit from the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago)
We must also mention that items such as those listed below require a pre-payment for the bond.
- Seeds (require a permit)
- Two-Way Radio Devices
Goods that are Not Allowed for Import
The items listed below are not allowed for import:
As Per Customs Act:
- Arsenic and poisons containing arsenic
- Coins, base or counterfeit of any Country
- Coins, imitation or foreign of a kind which is prohibited by Law for import
- Coins, Silver, of the state, or any Money purporting be such not being of established standard in weight & fineness
- Extracts or Essence, or concentrations, admixtures of Tobacco, its stalks, or stalk flour, except as Comptroller with approval from President
- Fictitious Stamps or die, plate, instrument or materials capable of making such.
- Imitation Merchandise, Pirate, or Counterfeit items
- Indecent or obscene print, painting, photographs, books, cards, lithographic, engravings, gramophone records or other indecent obscene articles
- Sugar, unrefined, not manufactured in T&T except with President Permission
- Toy Gun which so closely resembles a firearm, within the meaning of Firearms act that is capable of being mistaken as.
- Alcohol & Tobacco
- Animal oils, fats, and greases, unrefined. Fatty acids and solid residues from the treatment of oils and fats. Vegetable fats
- BB gun pellets
- Camo (anything with All Camo)
- Coconut in all forms
- Dead Animals
- Drugs - Marijuana seeds
- Due to risk associated and configuration of product, CSF will not ship Hoverboards
- Equipment requiring the use of Ozone Depleting Substances - Air or Vacuum Pumps and Compressors and their parts, Dehumidifiers, Air Conditioning Machines/Units and their parts, Refrigerators / freezers and heat pumps and their parts.
- Explosives and explosive materials
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Flammable Items, such as explosives and explosive devices, matches, gas, tear gas,
- Handcuffs (Metal / Law enforcement grade)
- Illegal Drugs [Cocaine, Marijuana/Cannabis, Narcotics, or other illicit substances et cetera]
- Live Animals and Plants
- Mag clips full
- Meats: Live Poultry, Fish, Shrimp, Lobster, Crabmeat
- Monetary Instruments and Money/Currency including cheques/checks, drafts, bills, cash, coins, bonds, includes precious metals (gold, silver), or any look alike of the same.
- Honey - All forms
- Oilseed cake, meal, and other vegetable oil residues. Oilseeds, beans, nuts
- Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) and mixtures containing Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS).
- Paper for wrapping tobacco or cigarettes /Tobacco spacers (tips)
- Perishable Food
- Pornographic articles, or material
- Prescriptions Medicines and drugs (Food and Drug Division).
- Ship and boats (under 250 tonnes).
- Shirts with holster pockets
- Slingshot metal pellets
- Slingshots (All Types)
- Swords and unusual machetes
Click here to view Trinidad and Tobago Customs Acts
NOTE: When a Television arrives in CSFs Warehouse in Florida, checks are done upon arrival to ensure the television is in good condition. Upon arrival into Trinidad, further checks are made to ensure that it is received in good condition and that there was no issue in transit from Miami to Trinidad. Customers are then required to visit our Central Pick-Up at 82/5 Macaya Trace, Munroe Road, Cunupia to collect all televisions where a final check will be done in the presence of the customer before the television leaves our facility.
CSF will only deliver at this time: letters; printed documents; and packages of items that do not include immediately perishable items. CSF forbids the insertion of the following items and substances in the contents of the shipments:
- narcotic, anaesthetic, psychotropic and poisonous substances
- weapons, explosives, inflammable and other hazardous substances and items
- items and substances which because of their nature or packaging are dangerous to the life and health of CSF employees or other persons, or may endanger, contaminate, soil or damage other shipments or property
- live animals
- movable cultural monuments, which do not have issued license or certificate
- insertion of money, valuables, coins, banknotes, monetary signs, travel cheques, objects which are precious for the sender, platinum, gold, silver, polished or unpolished precious stones or other precious items
If you require any further assistance with the information contained, please use our online support to write to us or you can also phone us at our Head Office at 225-5273 (225-5CSF)